- Skin Tightening
- Hair Removal
- Tattoo Removal
- Spider Vein Removal
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Contouring
- Hair Removal
- Tattoo Removal
- Women’s Health
- Weight Loss
- IV Therapy & General Wellness
- Coming Soon
- Before & After Gallery
Long-Term Results – No Surgery Required
As you age, your skin experiences the effects of years of sun exposure and the slow of elastin and collagen production. This creates sagging skin and hollowness that can impact the look of the cheeks, under eyes, jowls, and neck. This can accentuate the look of lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity.
Sculptra® is a non-surgical solution for facial hollowness; this dermal filler also regenerates collagen in the skin for lasting results! As an injectable dermal filler, providers use Sculptra for many things, like sculpting the face through volume enhancement or restoring hollowness.
At PureMD, our highly trained injectors use Sculptra for patients looking for a next-level filler that produces long-term results for patients. Sculptra is a poly-L-lactic acid filler formula that revamps your skin and builds collagen at the same time. This injectable can treat the cheeks, chin, temples, jawline, and more.
What it Treats
Facial volume loss and hollowness
Wrinkles and fine lines
45 minutes to 1 hour
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
With Sculptra, there is minimal recovery time when you may experience some bruising or swelling and redness at the injection site(s). You are free to go back to work and your daily routine after your appointment; just follow any aftercare instructions provided.
Why Try Sculptra in Miamisburg?
The most unique aspect of Sculptra is its ability to regenerate collagen in your skin while it does its primary job as a dermal filler. Your skin will produce more natural collagen after Sculptra for lasting benefits.
The results from Sculptra help skin appear more plump and youthful for a rejuvenated overall appearance.
For those wanting to rewind the clock without surgery, Sculptra is a great alternative. Some refer to it as a non-surgical facelift or even a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
What to Expect
Before any Sculptra appointment, our providers always start with an in-depth consultation to assess your needs and talk through your desired results. After determining that Sculptra is the best filler for your needs, we'll create a custom treatment plan according to your goals. This consultation is thorough to ensure the best results possible.
For the treatment itself, we will prep your skin and mark where the injections will go. Your provider will inject a predetermined amount of Sculptra filler into the areas while keeping you relaxed and comfortable. We work to make this process as quick as possible with minimal pain.
You will have immediate results from Sculptra, but there may be some swelling or bruising that will subside over the next several days. We'll go over aftercare details with you to help you achieve the best results with at-home care. Though patients usually don't receive Sculptra as often because of its collagen-building benefits, you can have additional appointments as needed.
Before Sculptra in Miamisburg, You Should:
- Avoid all blood-thinning medications and supplements for at least a week before your appointment. This includes aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve, garlic supplements, Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, and omega-3 or fish oil capsules. As always, if you are taking any of these medications under the direction of a doctor, speak to him or her before discontinuing use.
- Inform us if you have a history of cold sores or Perioral Herpes before your appointment.
- Stop using topical skin products that contain retinol, glycolic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, or “anti-aging” products at least 2 days before (and after) your fillers are injected.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before your appointment.
Following Sculptra Injections:
- Avoid touching or massaging the injection site(s) unless instructed by your specialist.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or excessive heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid alcohol and excess salt to prevent swelling.
- If you have swelling, use a cool compress.
- Sleep face up and slightly elevated for a day or two.
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks before having any other skincare or laser treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Sculptra different from other types of fillers?
Sculptra is unique from other filler types because instead of the typical hyaluronic acid formula, it uses a poly-L-lactic acid formula that kickstarts your body's natural collagen production while restoring volume.
Will Sculptra hurt?
Sculptra is an injection, so you will feel a pinch of discomfort as your injector administers the treatment. We can provide topical numbing cream as needed to help minimize any pain.
Where can I get Sculptra injected?
The most common areas for Sculptra injections are on the face, including the temples, chin, cheeks, nasolabial folds, and smile lines. Alternatively, some providers will inject Sculptra in the buttock for a non-surgical BBL or in the hands to restore volume.
How long do Sculptra results last?
How long a filler last largely depends on how fast your body metabolizes it as it dissolves. Sculptra is one of the most long lasting fillers; the results can last for more than 2 years.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.